Network Rail - Flitwick Station
Network Rail – Flitwick Station
Value: £560,000 | Duration: 10 Months
Undertaking the refurbishment of the two-span footbridge at one of Midland Main Line’s busiest 24 hour operational station presented a number of challenges which required detailed planning in order to complete the works on time and to achieve high quality standards. Liaison and communication with our client and with all other stakeholders, including the general public, was also another of our key achievements throughout the project.
The principal works carried out included: Replacement of all the existing panels with GRP panels which are expected to last the life time of the station
- Painting of the entire bridge to meet the Rail Industry’s M24 Specification
- Mechanical preparation and painting of the existing bridge structure
- Re-strengthening all the support columns of the bridge
- Replacement of hand rails with new double DDA compliant rails
- Installation of polydeck treads, risers and covering to the footbridge
Another important contributing factor to the success of this project was the completion of the temporary works platform access which enabled the majority of works to be completed during normal daylight hours and possession requirements kept to a minimum. Additionally, the engagement of our directly employed Safety Critical Staff significantly contributed to the high quality and standard of work.